Advanced Skills Program
CSz Portland has a wide & deep bench of professional improv players.
Our system extends far beyond the ComedySportz® Show; we've gained amazing skills performing thousands of shows, training with some of the best teachers from around the world and leading hundreds of classes. Now, we're offering these skills to the community in a monthly series of concise, focused classes, most of which offer opportunities for performance.
- Lower cost - most classes are $100 for the series
- Shorter time commitment - most take place within a calendar month
- Professional teachers: CSz players get paid to perform, which is rare. They've taught inside CSz, and gained the experience needed to teach outside of our group. Most of us have significant training in other improv disciplines as well.
- You control your classes - there's no sequence that forces you to conform to what others are doing. Move at your own progress and take classes in the topics that interest you.
- Prerequisite: basic improv class (such as CSz 101) from any improv training center. Some classes might be better for folks with more experience. Contact us if you have questions.
- Thursday Nights at CSz Portland, 1963 NW Kearney St. Free parking.
- 503.236.8888 x2, email us or register online.
November: Betse Green - Playing With Heart
This 6-week intensive workshop focuses on finding and playing characters authentically from your heart, not your head. Take a journey into a world of full of emotions and emotional stakes to create strong, grounded characters that naturally lead to compelling scene work. This workshop is designed to hone your skills and find the joy in your improv by allowing yourself to be vulnerable. Draw strong, meaningful connections from your scene partner to take your scene work to the next level.
Since 2002 Betse has been an ensemble member and teacher at CSZ Portland. You may have seen her around town performing at Curious Comedy Theater and The Brody with Peachy Chicken, B&B, Moist Splendor, BBPD and Diabolical Experiments. She has performed and taught locally (CSz, Curious Comedy (guest teacher) and PCC) as well as at various festivals in the US and Canada, including the SIF, IFCincy, NOLA Comedy Arts Festival, Del Close Marathon, SFIT and Chicago Improv Festival.
November 5, 12, 19, Dec 3, 10, 17; 7:30-9:30pm $150
This workshop will culminate in a Sunday performance.
Space is limited.